Re: Query with Parameters and Wildcards

From: landsharkdaddy <ldodd(at)landsharksoftware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query with Parameters and Wildcards
Date: 2009-04-27 05:01:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have not tried that but I will in the morning. The @ in SQL is used to
indicate a parameter passed to the query. In PostgreSQL it seems that the :
is the same as the @ in SQL Server. I tried something like:

SELECT * FROM Customers WHERE FirstName LIKE :custfirst + '%';

And it told me that the + could not be used. Not sure the exact message but
I will check again tomorrow and see what it was and post the results.