Re: 8.4 release planning

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Joshua Brindle <method(at)manicmethod(dot)com>, Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
Subject: Re: 8.4 release planning
Date: 2009-01-27 20:46:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Not to pick on you personally, but this is the kind of review that should have
> happened six months ago, not during a "why is our development process
> inadequate" discussion on the eve of beta.

Right now, today, in this thread, is the first time that we've had any
opportunity to debate the design of SEPostgres with knowledgeable people
other than KaiGai-san. It would likely be better if we started a new
thread with a more appropriate title, but I see nothing wrong with
asking pretty fundamental questions.