Re: Exclude core dumps from project - example patch

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pasman pasmański <pasman(dot)p(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Exclude core dumps from project - example patch
Date: 2011-07-19 15:29:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?pasman_pasma=F1ski?= <pasman(dot)p(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I am learn the git. For test my skills, here is patch to exclude core
> dumps from git tree.

This doesn't seem like a particularly good idea. The project policy is
to exclude only files that would normally appear during a build, and not
cruft that might be generated by unexpected events. You might consider
excluding such files in a personal ~/.gitconfig, if you would prefer to
have git not tell you that your source tree is cluttered with them.
See the core.excludesfile setting.