Re: full text search in 8.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andy Colson <andy(at)camavision(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: full text search in 8.3
Date: 2007-10-10 20:00:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andy Colson <andy(at)camavision(dot)com> writes:
> I have an 8.2 database that has full text searching. I tried to
> backup/restore it to 8.3 but got lots of errors:
> I didn't really expect it to totally work, but I'm not sure how to move
> my db.

Did the data transfer over? The declarations of the former contrib
functions would of course fail, but type tsvector is still there.
I would like to think that ignoring pg_restore's whining would get
you most of the way there.

(As noted in the beta release notes, somebody really really needs to
write a migration guide for existing tsearch2 users.)