Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date: 2014-02-04 17:34:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> If someone volunteered to pay for the storage, I'd be prepared to make
> some time to create an AMI to reduce the startup time dramatically.
> Basically it would be "boot the AMI and start testing your patches". I'd
> even make it as friendly as possible for people who don't like to get
> too far from unix-ish environments.

My own opinion is that I've already wasted untold man-hours thanks to
the random porting problems induced by Windows, a platform that I never
have and never will care about personally. I will *not* spend my own
time doing tests that someone else could do. If we can't get some
effort contributed by someone who does use that platform, I'm personally
prepared to declare the entire damn thing no longer supported.