Re: Vacuum returns error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "William Meloney" <bmeloney(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vacuum returns error
Date: 2002-04-02 07:09:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

"William Meloney" <bmeloney(at)mindspring(dot)com> writes:
> PG 7.2 and RH 7.2
> Developer dropped ~30+ tables from 4 different DBs on the same
> server. Queiries began to fail: unable to locate file;
> /var/lib/pgsql/pg_clog/0006.

Hmm. What files do you actually have in /var/lib/pgsql/pg_clog?
(I'd like to see an ls -l of that directory if possible; the sizes
and mod dates might be useful clues.) Another useful bit of info
would be "select * from pg_database".

We've seen two or three reports of errors like this, which make me
think there's a corner-case bug or two lurking in the clog code.
Haven't been able to get enough data to track it down yet.