Re: Configurable Penalty Costs for Levenshtein

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Configurable Penalty Costs for Levenshtein
Date: 2008-04-03 21:19:19
Lists: pgsql-patches

Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttmail(dot)com> writes:
> Sorry for the delay, but the reply of Tom didn't reach me. I've modified
> the patch according to Tom's comments. I hope I am not too late.

Applied after considerable revision. This patch:

* introduced a memory stomp that was not there before (I strongly
recommend testing C code in an --enable-cassert build)
* added a user-visible feature without documenting it
* undid a conflicting patch that had been applied since your first version
* removed a number of useful comments from the code

I cleaned it up and applied anyway, but generally we expect a higher
quality standard for patches that are claimed to be ready to apply.