Re: cvs build failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Markus Bertheau <twanger(at)bluetwanger(dot)de>
Cc: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cvs build failure
Date: 2003-07-01 22:12:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Markus Bertheau <twanger(at)bluetwanger(dot)de> writes:
>> what version of bison are you using? I believe we require 1.875 these days.

> 1.35. I'll upgrade. Thanks.

I believe 'configure' will bleat about a too-old bison, but it won't
refuse to proceed --- and the warning is easy to miss in the pages of
output that configure produces.

I was against having configure error out if bison is too old, since
you might not need it at all (if building from a tarball). But it
seems like we still have the problem.

Maybe make configure act as though bison is missing? Not sure. It
seems like that could create unnecessary problems in other cases.