DECLARE CURSOR to become utility statement

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: DECLARE CURSOR to become utility statement
Date: 2003-03-09 20:03:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm about to change the parsetree representation of DECLARE CURSOR
to look more like a standard utility statement: a DeclareCursorStmt
node with a SELECT querytree dangling from it. This will make it
possible to remove the cursor-specific elements of Query nodes
(isPortal, isBinary), rather than adding more as we'd ultimately need
to do if we want to have SCROLL, INSENSITIVE, etc do anything.

Any objections?