How to return a select query

From: Eugenio Flores <eflores767003(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)mx>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to return a select query
Date: 2007-03-03 22:08:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello. I would like to know how can I return a select expresion, and stored in a variable, as cursors, but without the need of fetching it, and just to get the hole resultset.

For example. I want to get this query: Select * from table1, and stored in a variable that I can return to, like a rowtype variable.

What I want is to call this function from a client aplication and show the result in a table. Like a JTable in java.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings.