Re: lossing pg_stat's data

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chirag Dave <cdave(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: lossing pg_stat's data
Date: 2008-08-07 03:50:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Chirag Dave <cdave(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info> writes:
> While testing on 8.3, i see that upon postmaster restart , i am loosing
> data from pg_stat_user_tables.

Hm, I don't see any such behavior here. Are you sure you are shutting
the postmaster down normally? We do throw away stats during a crash
recovery, which would mean that this is expected behavior if you're
in the habit of doing "pg_ctl stop -m immediate". But if you are,
I'd suggest reforming that habit ...