Error: Operator does not exist: "char"=integer

From: novnov <novnovice(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error: Operator does not exist: "char"=integer
Date: 2008-12-18 05:26:50
Lists: pgsql-general

I have restored a postgres 8.2.4-1 db onto a postgres 8.3.1-1 server, and
when I try to work with a table I get this error:

Error: Operator does not exist: "char" = integer

Hopefully that is enough of a clue to be useful. Maybe this is the first
time I've tried moving one of my non-trivial pg projects to a significantly
different version of postgres; is there a conversion process that helps with
moving between versions?