Re: 2016-03 Commitfest

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2016-03 Commitfest
Date: 2016-04-08 15:00:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2016-04-08 10:56:28 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 10:06 AM, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Have we set a particular time-of-day for closing the CF, and if so
> >> what is it exactly?
> >
> > From the referenced email:
> >
> > "Accordingly, the release management has decided that all
> > feature patches destined for PostgreSQL 9.6 must be committed no later
> > than April 8, 2016. Any patch not committed prior to 2016-04-09
> > 00:00:00 GMT may not be committed to PostgreSQL 9.6 unless (a) it is a
> > bug fix, (b) it represents essential cleanup of a previously-committed
> > patch, or (c) the release management team has approved an extension to
> > the deadline for that particular patch."
>
> IOW, the deadline is 8pm US/Eastern time, or about 9 hours from now.
>
> Let's try not to introduce more bugs in the next 9 hours than we have
> in the preceding 9 months.

I've finished polishing the Pin/Unpin patch. But the final polishing
happened on an intercontential flight, after days spent preparing my
move to SF. I'd be glad if you would allow me to look over the patch
again, before pushing it sometime this weekend; this stuff is subtle,
and I'm not exactly my best right now.

Regards,

Andres