Re: nodes/*funcs.c inconsistencies

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: nodes/*funcs.c inconsistencies
Date: 2015-08-03 16:55:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Noah Misch (noah(at)leadboat(dot)com) wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 02, 2015 at 11:31:16PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > That being the case, it would probably be a good idea to get them done
> > before alpha2, as there may not be a good opportunity afterwards.
>
> Freedom to bump catversion after alpha2 will be barely-distinguishable from
> freedom to do so now. I have planned to leave my usual comment period of a
> few days, though skipping that would be rather innocuous in this case.

This is clearly necessary, of course, and I wouldn't be surprised if we
have another necessary bump post-alpha2, but at the same time, it'd
certainly be nice if we are able to put out alpha2 and then a beta1 in
the future without needing to do a bump.

In other words, +1 from me for going ahead and committing this for
alpha2, if possible.

Thanks!

Stephen