Re: no test programs in contrib

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: no test programs in contrib
Date: 2014-11-27 19:24:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 11/26/14 9:27 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I haven't done anything about documentation. I thought a new chapter
> > after "Additional Supplied Modules", perhaps entitled "Additional Sample
> > Modules" would be appropriate.
>
> I would remove the SGML files and put simple README files into each
> directory.

They are so small that it makes sense to do it like that. Here's a
patch for this.

I have also changed things so that:

1. test modules are not installed by "make install", not checked by
"make installcheck", not checked by "make check".

2. test modules are checked by "make check-world" (this is consistent
with handling of contrib).

3. test modules are checked by "make installcheck-world" (this is
consistent with handling of contrib)

4. test modules are installed by "make install-world". This is
consistent with contrib, and it's necessary so that "make
installcheck-world" passes.

I moved the contents from SGML files into READMEs, and removed the
references from other SGML files, turning them into
<filename>contrib/</> instead (these are release-9.4 and so on, which is
why I reference the old locations. I assume release-9.5 will mention
the moves).

There's some untested new code in vcregress.pl, but nothing else
about msvc has been done.

test_modules_reviewable-3.patch text/x-diff 42.9 KB