Re: How to use brin indexes?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to use brin indexes?
Date: 2014-11-21 21:43:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> > The minmax operator families don't include any cross-type operators. I'm
> not exactly sure why not.. Alvaro?
> > Anyway, try "select * from t where id = 1224::int8"
>
> It works that way, but it would be great to have it working with non-casted
> values too.

Yeah. I didn't put in much extra effort because some simple experiments
worked with cross-type queries; my guess at the time was that the system
added casts automatically for some cases and that was good enough. But
there are several examples that don't work all that nicely, so I'm going
to rework the opfamilies a bit. Stay tuned.