Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.
Date: 2014-10-21 06:16:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Wow.

> > By the way, I became unable to login at all after wrongly setting
> > *_preload_libraries for all available users. Is there any releaf
> > measures for the situation? I think it's okay even if there's no
> > way to login again but want to know if any.
>
> Yep, that's a problem. You can login to the server even in that case
> by, for example, executing the following commands, though.
>
> $ export PGOPTIONS="-c *_preload_libraries="
> $ psql

Thank you. I see. It seems enough for me. The section 18.1.3 of
9.4 document describes about it,

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/config-setting.html

> 18.1.4. Parameter Interaction via Shell
..
> On the libpq-client, command-line options can be specified
> using the PGOPTIONS environment variable. When connecting to
> the server, the contents of this variable are sent to the
> server as if they were being executed via SQL SET at the
> beginning of the session.

This implicitly denies PGC_BACKEND variables to be set by this
method but it also seems not proper to describe precisely...

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center