Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Emanuel Calvo <3manuek(at)esdebian(dot)org>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Nicolas Barbier <nicolas(dot)barbier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument
Date: 2014-09-24 01:23:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:

> With all respect, I think this is a bad idea. I know you've put a lot
> of energy into this patch and I'm confident it's made a lot of
> progress. But as with Stephen's patch, the final form deserves a
> thorough round of looking over by someone else before it goes in.

As you can see in the thread, Heikki's put a lot of review effort into
it (including important code contributions); I don't feel I'm rushing it
at this point. If you or somebody else want to give it a look, I have
no problem waiting a bit longer. I don't want to delay indefinitely,
though, because I think it's better shipped early in the release cycle
than later, to allow for further refinements and easier testing by other
interested parties.