BUG #11477: psql -L no stderr

From: hans(at)matfyz(dot)cz
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #11477: psql -L no stderr
Date: 2014-09-23 14:45:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 11477
Logged by: Hans Ginzel
Email address: hans(at)matfyz(dot)cz
PostgreSQL version: 9.4beta2
Operating system: Centos 6.5

Hello!

Command
psql -L logfile
logs only stdout (formated with stars) but not stderr.

Command
psql -L logfile 2>logfile
logs also warnings/errors but does not write them to terminal.

Command
psql 1>&2 |tee logfile
writes both to terminal and file but without stars formatting.

I am sorry, but log without errors logging is NOT a log file. I consider not
logging stderr to logfile when -L is specified as a bug.

Please add coppying also stderr to logfile when -L.

Thank you
HG