Re: proposal: ignore null fields in not relation type composite type based constructors

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: proposal: ignore null fields in not relation type composite type based constructors
Date: 2014-09-08 04:27:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Pavel Stehule (pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> ignore_nulls in array_to_json_pretty probably is not necessary. On second
> hand, the cost is zero, and we can have it for API consistency.

I'm willing to be persuaded either way on this, really. I do think it
would be nice for both array_to_json and row_to_json to be single
functions which take default values, but as for if array_to_json has a
ignore_nulls option, I'm on the fence and would defer to people who use
that function regularly (I don't today).

Beyond that, I'm pretty happy moving forward with this patch.

Thanks,

Stephen