Planned downtime @ Rackspace - 2014-04-29 2100-2200 UTC

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: sysadmins(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Planned downtime @ Rackspace - 2014-04-29 2100-2200 UTC
Date: 2014-04-29 17:10:35
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Greetings,

This is take-2 on this. Apologies for the short notice.

As some may be aware, we are currently working with Rackspace to
upgrade the PostgreSQL infrastructure systems which they graciously
host for us. As part of these upgrades there will be downtime for
systems hosted there.

To facilitate the migration of systems, Rackspace is upgrading the
switching infrastructure to Gigabit (from 100Mbps). This upgrade will
happen on Tuesday, April 29th (today, for most of the world), between
2100-2200 UTC (5pm-6pm US/Eastern). We hope the downtime will be
minimal but the window allows for up to 1 hour. To be clear- this is
~4 hours from the time of this email.

This downtime will impact all systems hosted @ Rackspace as they are
upgrading the switch for us. End-user services which will be impacted
include:

yum.postgresql.org
wiki.postgresql.org
git master server (Committers only)
planet.postgresql.org
www.pgadmin.org, ftp.pgadmin.org
media.postgresql.org
commitfest.postgresql.org
developer.postgresql.org (Developer personal homepages)
redmine.postgresql.org
jdbc.postgresql.org
postgresopen.org
developer.pgadmin.org (sandbox, Jenkins)
babel.postgresql.org (Translation services)

Redundant services (minimal impact expected):
ns2.postgresql.org (other nameservers will still work)
.us inbound mail relay (other MXs will still work)
.us website front-end (should be removed from pool)
FTP mirror (should be removed from pool)

We anticipate this being the only whole-environment outage during
this migration. Future outages will happen for individual systems
as we migrate them to the new hardware.

Thanks!

Stephen