Re: inherit support for foreign tables

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Date: 2014-03-28 04:28:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> > ForeignPath *pathnode = makeNode(ForeignPath);
> > + Assert(rel->rtekind == RTE_RELATION);
> >
> > pathnode->path.pathtype = T_ForeignScan;
..
> Maybe I'm missing the point, but I don't think it'd be better to put the
> assertion in create_foreignscan_path(). And I think it'd be the caller'
> responsiblity to ensure that equality, as any other pathnode creation
> routine for a baserel in pathnode.c assumes that equality.

Hmm. The assertion (not shown above but you put in
parameterize_path:) seems to say that 'base relation for foreign
paths must be a RTE_RELATION' isn't right? But I don't see
anything putting such a restriction in reparameterize_path
itself. Could you tell me where such a restriction comes from? Or
who needs such a restriction? I think any assertions shouldn't be
anywhere other than where just before needed.

Thoughts?

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi