Re: CREATE FOREIGN TABLE ( ... LIKE ... )

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)dalibo(dot)com>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CREATE FOREIGN TABLE ( ... LIKE ... )
Date: 2014-02-17 22:22:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2014-02-17 23:07:45 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> > I don't think this really has gone above Needs Review yet.
> I am not sure that this remark makes the review of this patch much
> progressing :(
>
> By the way, I spent some time looking at it and here are some
> comments:

David just pinged me and tricked me into having a quick look :)

Unless I miss something this possibly allows column definition to slip
by that shouldn't because normally all fdw column definitions are passed
through transformColumnDefinition() which does some checks, but the
copied ones aren't.
I haven't looked long enough to see whether that's currently
problematic, but even if not, it's sure a trap waiting to spring.

Greetings,

Andres Freund