Re: updated emacs configuration

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: updated emacs configuration
Date: 2014-01-29 23:49:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 12:53:02AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > If this only affects a handful of places, then sure, let's go ahead
> > and fix it. But if it's going to create a massive enough diff that
> > we've gotta think about back-patching it, then IMHO it's totally not
> > worth it.
>
> A quick grep search says there are well over 3000 comment lines containing
> '.' followed by a tab. grep isn't smart enough to tell if the tabs expand
> to exactly two spaces, but I bet the vast majority do. So it might not
> be quite as bad as the 8.1 wrap-margin change, but it'd be extensive.

I have cleaned up entab.c so I am ready to add a new option that removes
tabs from only comments. Would you like me to create that and provide a
diff at a URL? It would have to be run against all back branches.

If it goes well, it could prove to be a way to incrementally improve
pgindent. If not, I am afraid we are stuck with our current pgindent
output.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Everyone has their own god. +