Re: Why we are going to have to go DirectIO

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <corbet(at)lwn(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why we are going to have to go DirectIO
Date: 2013-12-04 20:58:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Magnus Hagander (magnus(at)hagander(dot)net) wrote:
> I think that's an excellent idea. If one of our developers could find the
> time to attend that, I think that could be very productive. While I'm not
> on the funds team, I'd definitely vote for funding such participation out
> of community funds if said developer can't do it on his own.
>
> But it should definitely be a developer with interest and skills in that
> particular area as well of course :) So don't think I'm proposing myself, I
> definitely am not :)

For my part, I'm definitely interested and those dates currently look
like they'd work for me. Not sure if I really meet Magnus'
qualifications above, but I'd be happy to try. ;) Stark and I were
having a pretty good discussion with Ted Ts'o at pgconf.eu and he
certainly seemed interested and willing to at least discuss things with
us..

Thanks,

Stephen