Re: Time-Delayed Standbys

From: Christian Kruse <christian(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time-Delayed Standbys
Date: 2013-12-03 16:33:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Fabrizio,

looks good to me. I did some testing on 9.2.4, 9.2.5 and HEAD. It
applies and compiles w/o errors or warnings. I set up a master and two
hot standbys replicating from the master, one with 5 minutes delay and
one without delay. After that I created a new database and generated
some test data:

CREATE TABLE test (val INTEGER);
INSERT INTO test (val) (SELECT * FROM generate_series(0, 1000000));

The non-delayed standby nearly instantly had the data replicated, the
delayed standby was replicated after exactly 5 minutes. I did not
notice any problems, errors or warnings.

Greetings,
CK

--
Christian Kruse http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/