Re: git diff --check whitespace checks, gitattributes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: git diff --check whitespace checks, gitattributes
Date: 2013-11-06 16:04:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> (Actually I tend to pgindent stuff before committing, these
> days, but sometimes that's impractical because somebody's already
> committed some not-well-indented stuff elsewhere in the same file.)

What I normally do is commit the changes, then pgindent, then manually
review the pgindent changes (which are normally tiny because my editor
is configured to produce very similar results to pgindent, as I'm sure
yours is.) Then I manually revert the parts not in my commit (also
eased by editor support). Then I squash the commits.

This doesn't take very long.