Re: Strange hanging bug in a simple milter

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Vesa-Matti J Kari <vmkari(at)cc(dot)helsinki(dot)fi>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange hanging bug in a simple milter
Date: 2013-09-13 19:03:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Andres Freund (andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com) wrote:
> It seems slightly cleaner to just move the pqsecure_destroy(); to the
> end of that function, based on a boolean. But if you think otherwise, I
> won't protest...

Hmm, agreed; I had originally been concerned that the SIGPIPE madness
needed to be around the pqsecure_destroy() call, but I can't see why
that would be.

I've run through a few times w/ the attached and haven't seen the
deadlock. Will continue testing, of course.

Heikki, any thoughts regarding this change? Any concerns about
back-patching it?

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size