Re: logical changeset generation v5

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logical changeset generation v5
Date: 2013-08-30 15:19:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I've attached a couple of the preliminary patches to $subject which I've
recently cleaned up in the hope that we can continue improving on those
in a piecemal fashion.
I am preparing submission of a newer version of the major patch but
unfortunately progress on that is slower than I'd like...

In the order of chance of applying them individuall they are:

0005 wal_decoding: Log xl_running_xact's at a higher frequency than checkpoints are done
* benefits hot standby startup
0003 wal_decoding: Allow walsender's to connect to a specific database
* biggest problem is how to specify the connection we connect
to. Currently with the patch walsender connects to a database if it's
not named "replication" (via dbname). Perhaps it's better to invent a
replication_dbname parameter?
0006 wal_decoding: copydir: move fsync_fname to fd.[c.h] and make it public
* Pretty trivial and boring.
0007 wal_decoding: Add information about a tables primary key to struct RelationData
* Could be used in the matview refresh code
0002 wal_decoding: Introduce InvalidCommandId and declare that to be the new maximum for CommandCounterIncrement

Greetings,

Andres Freund

0002-wal_decoding-Introduce-InvalidCommandId-and-declare-.patch text/x-patch 1.8 KB
0003-wal_decoding-Allow-walsender-s-to-connect-to-a-speci.patch text/x-patch 9.2 KB
0005-wal_decoding-Log-xl_running_xact-s-at-a-higher-frequ.patch text/x-patch 6.7 KB
0006-wal_decoding-copydir-move-fsync_fname-to-fd.-c.h-and.patch text/x-patch 4.4 KB
0007-wal_decoding-Add-information-about-a-tables-primary-.patch text/x-patch 4.2 KB