Re: Disabling ALTER SYSTEM SET WAS: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Disabling ALTER SYSTEM SET WAS: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters
Date: 2013-08-06 10:40:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Again, what are we trying to achieve?!
>
> no idea - wondering about that myself...

It seems we are trying to add grammar for modifying postgresql.conf.
Something we can already do easily in a standard extension, but without
grammar changes.

Maybe better to provide a contrib/ to modify config, then design what we can
achieve more with an ALTER SYSTEM command.
--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/