Re: Reduce maximum error in tuples estimation after vacuum.

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reduce maximum error in tuples estimation after vacuum.
Date: 2013-07-22 07:20:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello, I'm very sory to take your time on this mess.

ul 2013 16:06:11 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com> wrote in <014201ce7bc6$f71eb950$e55c2bf0$(at)kapila@huawei.com>
> I understood your patch's algorithm, but still I have doubt in my mind that
> if the next analyze can correct the estimates,
> Why would that be not sufficient. Please refer my last mail for analysis of
> same
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/000601ce77ad$7d3388e0$779a9aa0$@kapila@
> huawei.com

Hmm. I've reconfirmed what was happened on my test set.

As the result, the misestimation with dead_tup = 0 which I
thought to observe has turned out to be an illusion..

Tuple number estimation is working as it is expected.

I withdraw this patch.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi