Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Rodrigo Gonzalez <rjgonzale(dot)lists(at)gmail(dot)com>, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll
Date: 2013-06-26 19:02:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian escribió:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 03:22:06PM -0300, Rodrigo Gonzalez wrote:

> > Checking release notes for 9.2.4
> >
> > you have Fix insecure parsing of server command-line switches
> > (Mitsumasa Kondo, Kyotaro Horiguchi)
> >
> > What about (it people think that it is good) a second () with reviewed
> > by <someone>....
>
> That's what we had, and people didn't like it. If we overload that list
> of names, we might find we want to remove all the names.

Yeah, it becomes too long. (For security patches, in particular, it's
probably not wise to list reviewers; there might well be reviewers whose
input you never see because they happened in the closed security list).

See the entry for foreign key locks:

Prevent non-key-field row updates from locking foreign key rows (Álvaro
Herrera, Noah Misch, Andres Freund, Alexander Shulgin, Marti Raudsepp)

I am the author of most of the code, yet I chose to add Noah and Andres
because they contributed a huge amount of time to reviewing the patch,
and Alex and Marti because they submitted some code. They are all
listed as coauthors, which seems a reasonable compromise to me.