Re: Service outage for dekendi.postgresql.org

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Service outage for dekendi.postgresql.org
Date: 2013-06-11 05:19:36
Lists: pgsql-www

All,

FYI, dekendi is back online (for now). Turns out that the wheezy
kernel (3.2.0-4) panics when booting on this older DL585. Thinking
back, I recall having this issue once at my old job and we used the
very expedient "guess it's time to retire that box" approach to
solving it.

We'll see what options are available from Rackspace for this. They're
currently checking to see if there are any firmware updates available
and they will ask their kernel 'guru' about the panic when he comes
online in ~9 hrs from now.

For now, all systems are back online and working.

Apologies for the downtime.

Thanks,

Stephen