Re: small patch to crypt.c

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: small patch to crypt.c
Date: 2013-06-09 03:47:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

JD,

* Joshua D. Drake (jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com) wrote:
> In my quest to understand how all the logging etc works with
> authentication I came across the area of crypt.c that checks for
> valid_until but it seems like it has an extraneous check.
>
> If I am wrong I apologize for the noise but wouldn't mind an explanation.

Alright, there probably aren't too many people out there running with
their clock set to pre-2000, but wouldn't this end up giving the wrong
result in those cases, as GetCurrentTimestamp() would end up returning a
negative value, which would make it less than vuntil's default of zero?

Perhaps we could change what vuntil is set to by default, but I think
it's probably better to keep things as-is; we should really be checking
for null cases explicitly in general.

Thanks,

Stephen