Re: plperl segfault in plperl_trusted_init() on kfreebsd

From: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plperl segfault in plperl_trusted_init() on kfreebsd
Date: 2013-05-16 13:14:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Re: Stephen Frost 2013-05-16 <20130516123344(dot)GT4361(at)tamriel(dot)snowman(dot)net>
> * Christoph Berg (cb(at)df7cb(dot)de) wrote:
> > That was because the plain "./configure" version (for a minimal way to
> > reproduce) didn't built with debug symbols. The original gcc line from the
> > Debian build log is:
>
> It did, but Debian (and Ubuntu and friends) pull the debugging symbols
> out of the binaries and stick them into independent packages, allowing
> you to only install them if you need/want to.
>
> Try installing postgresql-9.3-dbg. At least the postgresql-9.2-dbg
> package on my system also includes the plperl.so debugging symbols.

This wasn't the Debian build, but just plain "./configure --with-perl"
without any other arguments. As said in the previous mail, both this
and the Debian build segfault here. (Which means there is no -dbg
package because the build fails.)

I don't think this makes a difference anyway - I can pull more
information out from that core, but that needs someone saying which
info, because that's the place where I'm lost at.

(I'll be away until monday.)

Christoph
--
cb(at)df7cb(dot)de | http://www.df7cb.de/