Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements
Date: 2013-02-26 19:19:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Well, actually I think Pavel's got a point. What about overloaded
> functions? In \df we don't try to solve that problem, we just print
> them all:

To be honest, I was reading through that code the other night and could
have sworn that I saw us doing some kind of magic on the arguments under
\df, but of course I don't see it now.

> Now, maybe we *should* teach \df about handling parameter types and
> then \ef can piggyback on it, but that code isn't there now.

That's definitely the right approach, imv. It should also work if only
a function name is provided and it's not overloaded, of course.

Thanks,

Stephen