Re: Further pg_upgrade analysis for many tables

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Ants Aasma <ants(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Further pg_upgrade analysis for many tables
Date: 2012-11-12 21:31:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 06:14:59PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian escribió:
>
> > --- 17,24 ----
> >
> > static void transfer_single_new_db(pageCnvCtx *pageConverter,
> > FileNameMap *maps, int size);
> > ! static int transfer_relfile(pageCnvCtx *pageConverter, FileNameMap *map,
> > ! const char *suffix);
>
> Uh, does this code assume that forks other than the main one are not
> split in segments? I think that's a bug, is it not?

Oh, yeah, I must have fixed this long ago. It only fails if you use
tablespaces:

if (os_info.num_tablespaces > 0 &&
strcmp(old_cluster.tablespace_suffix, new_cluster.tablespace_suffix) == 0)
pg_log(PG_FATAL,
"Cannot upgrade to/from the same system catalog version when\n"
"using tablespaces.\n");

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com