Re: Command Triggers, v16

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Command Triggers, v16
Date: 2012-03-16 09:40:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Friday, March 16, 2012 09:55:10 AM Thom Brown wrote:
> On 16 March 2012 08:45, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:

> >> Using latest Git master without any additional patches, I can't get it
> >> to apply:
> >>
> >> Hunk #1 FAILED at 16.
> >> Hunk #2 succeeded at 22 (offset -1 lines).
> >> 1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> >> src/include/commands/tablecmds.h.rej
> >
> > Did you read the paragraph above?
>
> Yes, but I don't think I'm clear on what you mean. Are you saying I
> should use ctas-01.patch instead of ctas-on-command-triggers-01.patch?
> If so, that patch results in me not being able to apply Dimitri's
> command triggers patch. And I thought that patch doesn't actually
> cause triggers to fire on CTAS?
Well. Why do you want to apply them concurrently? As far as I understand the
plan is to get ctas-as-utility merged with master and then let dim rebase the
ddl trigger patch.
The ctas-as-utility stuff imo is worthy of being applied independently of DDL
triggers. The current duplication in the code lead to multiple bugs already.

Andres