Re: Speed dblink using alternate libpq tuple storage

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: markokr(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com, shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Speed dblink using alternate libpq tuple storage
Date: 2012-03-07 01:04:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Nevertheless, the problem that exit from parseInput() caused by
non-zero return of getAnotherTuple() results in immediate
re-enter into getAnotherTuple() via parseInput() and no other
side effect is still there. But I will do that in the next patch,
though.

> So now I convinced that the whole row data is loaded at the point
^am
> that getAnotherTuple is called. I agree that getAnotherTuple
> should not return EOF to request for unloaded part of the
> message.
>
> Please wait for a while for the new patch.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center