Grouping Sets

From: Mariano Mara <mariano(dot)mara(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Grouping Sets
Date: 2011-06-18 18:09:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers (and specially Pavel Stehule),
I could really use the grouping set feature for some complex queries I'm
migrating from other db vendor. If my WEB searching is precise, this
wiki page [1] and this thread[2] are the last updates on the subject.
I'm willing to test how these functions in my project but some questions first:
1- is there an up-to-date version of the patch that I should be aware of?
2- Can I apply that patch to 8.4.8?
3- any extra recommendations?

TIA,
Mariano