Re: Creating new remote branch in git?

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creating new remote branch in git?
Date: 2011-06-12 23:59:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Did the system create the .git/config '[branch "REL9_1_STABLE"]' section
> > for you or did you create it manually?
>
> git created them for me. I did no config hacking whatever, but now
> I have:
>
> [branch "REL9_1_STABLE"]
> remote = origin
> merge = refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE
> rebase = true
>
> which exactly parallels the pre-existing entries for the other branches.
>
> One point that might affect this is that in ~/.gitconfig I have
>
> [branch]
> autosetuprebase = always
>
> which is as per the setup recommendations on the wiki page.

I have the same in my ~/.gitconfig:

[branch]
autosetuprebase = always

I am attaching my ~/.gitconfig.

Do I need to run this in every branch?

git config branch.master.rebase true

Right now our wiki only says to run it in the master branch. I am
attaching my postgresql/.git/config file too.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

unknown_filename text/plain 499 bytes
unknown_filename text/plain 289 bytes