Re: security label support, part.2

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: security label support, part.2
Date: 2010-08-22 19:08:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Peter Eisentraut (peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net) wrote:
> I think there are perfectly good reasons to have different permissions
> on parent and child tables. I don't see any reason to monkey around
> with that.

Even though the permissions on the child table aren't invovled at all if
queried through the parent..? The parent implicitly adds to the set of
privileges which are granted on the child, but that's not clear at all
from the permissions visible on the child. That's principally what I'm
complaining about here.

Thanks,

Stephen