BUG #5356: citext not acting like case insensitive search

From: "Michael Gould" <mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5356: citext not acting like case insensitive search
Date: 2010-03-01 17:15:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5356
Logged by: Michael Gould
Email address: mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.2
Operating system: Windows 2008 R2 Server, Windows 7 x64
Details:

When we run the following query, we return no results.

Select citystateinfoid from iss.citystateinfo where cityname =
'JACKSONVILLE' and statecode = 'FL';

However this does work

Select citystateinfoid from iss.citystateinfo where cityname =
'Jacksonville' and statecode = 'FL'

The second query is how the data is actually stored. I've already forwarded
our ddl to david wheeler.