Re: New VACUUM FULL

From: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New VACUUM FULL
Date: 2010-01-06 05:41:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> > 1. Commit your patch, as-is (you/me)
>
> I assume this is OK with you now?

I just applied the patch with a few additional comments.
Also, I adjusted some messages for vacuumdb to be look-alike
for recently-committed --only-analyze patch.

Remaining ToDo items are:

>> 2. Work on infrastructure for VFC (VACUUM FULL using CLUSTER) for system
>> relations (Simon)
>> 3. Enable CLUSTER and REINDEX on critical system catalogs (Itagaki)
>> 4. Optimise VFC, as discussed earlier (Itagaki)

and we might also need:
5. Make CLUSTER VERBOSE to be more verbose because VACUUM FULL VERBOSE
is less verbose than VFI VERBOSE for now.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center