Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES
Date: 2009-09-09 00:14:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> This INCLUDING STORAGE is supposed to copy reloptions?

No. It copies only storage parameters of columns to control TOAST policy.
It might be good to have some features to copy reloptions with convenient
way, but it will be done in another patch.

> to me it sounds like it's copying the
> underlying storage i.e. data, which would be very surprising. What
> about "INCLUDING STORAGE OPTIONS"?

Hmm, but we have the following syntax already:
ALTER TABLE table ALTER COLUMN column SET STORAGE ...
Do you also think it should be "SET STORAGE OPTION ..." ?

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center