Re: information_schema.columns changes needed for OLEDB

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Konstantin Izmailov <kizmailov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: information_schema.columns changes needed for OLEDB
Date: 2009-07-06 18:37:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Friday 22 May 2009 18:27:01 Konstantin Izmailov wrote:
> 3. character_octet_length should always be double of
> character_maximum_length (due to Unicode character size on Windows which is
> 2).

I have the attached patch that would make character_octet_length the product
of character_octet_length and the maximum octet length of a single character
in the selected server encoding. So for UTF-8, this would be factor 4. This
doesn't exactly correspond to the behavior that you expect, but I think it's
more correct overall anyway.

Attachment Content-Type Size
infoschema-character-octet-length.patch text/x-patch 4.7 KB