Re: keyword list/ecpg

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Mike Aubury <mike(dot)aubury(at)aubit(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: keyword list/ecpg
Date: 2008-06-13 15:27:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:39:48AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> What happens when a non-Michael developer changes the original gram.y?
> Is he expected to run the script before committing too? That sounds
> brittle to me.

The situation used to be that this only caused ecpg to be out-of-sync.
No big deal. But nowadays it might break compilation. If you add a new
keyword to keywords.c but not to preproc.y you'll get an undefined
symbol during build process.

To make sure stuff like this cannot happen in the future I'd prefer to
have the script run automatically, albeit having a defined, but maybe
non-functional, default.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org