Re: Tables dissapearing

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tables dissapearing
Date: 2007-08-27 21:58:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 11:44:38PM +0200, Kamil Srot wrote:
> When this problem appeared for the first time, I had clearly the
> wraparound problem... I did vacuum it and partially restored the data...

I don't think vacuum would "fix" a wrap around problem in the way you
describe. I don't think you have a wrap problem.

> From above mentioned duplications of relatio names and what Tom wrote
> recently (doesn't see like WA problem), it looks like the relation name
> is/gets corrupted in some way and this corruption is internally taken
> over to another instance of relation named the same but in another
> database... but I know - it's too speculative.

No, it just doesn't work that way. Are these all shared on the same
hardware? Are you sure you're not having other problems?

"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.
--H.W. Fowler