Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Derek Rodner <derek(dot)rodner(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Date: 2007-08-08 16:44:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 09:37:28AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > thrive on that. My college basketball team is always the underdog.
> > EnterpriseDB is the underdog to Oracle. Postgres is the underdog to
> > MySQL. I am starting to get sick of that and want Postgres to stop
> > being the underdog. We know we are better than MySQL. Most of the
>
> I was with you, until right here. I think you have vastly misestimated
> the market. I will concur that PostgreSQL is the underdog to MySQL in
> one very specific sense:
>
> The ignorant and the code monkey.

I assume you claim the press is ignorant? Because they're certainly not
codemonkeys ;-)
Sure, they may be, but we still need them, and a press release is much
directed at the press - they won't report it if they don't find it
interesting. And *they* haven't looked over mysql *or* postgresql
enough to know the difference.

//Magnus