Re: Error SSL en Postgresql

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Henry <hensa22(at)yahoo(dot)es>
Cc: Postgres <pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error SSL en Postgresql
Date: 2007-05-10 15:28:22
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda pgsql-hackers

Just got the report below in pgsql-es-ayuda. He says his logs files are
filled with 50 MB of the error message

LOG: SSL SYSCALL error: Unknown winsock error 10004

I looked up 10004 and apparently it's WSAEINTR, according to

Interrupted function call. This error is returned when a socket
is closed or a process is terminated, on a pending Winsock
operation for that socket.

I wonder if the SSL code should be rather interpreting this error code
as one of those for which it must retry. It seems strange that it be
named EINTR (which sounds to me like "operation interrupted") and then
talk about closed sockets and terminated processes.

This is Windows XP, Postgres 8.2.3.